About Our Hearing Center
Family Owned and Operated Since 1969 Company founder, Allen Thomas began his career in Washington, D.C. in 1958. In 1966 he moved to Winchester and in 1969 established Hearing Aid Services, Inc. Over 45 years later, Hearing Aid Services Inc, continues as a family owned and operated company serving clients in Frederick, Warren, and Shenandoah Counties, and surrounding areas.
Committed to Excellence
The President of Hearing Aid Services was Board Certified in Hearing Instrument Sciences in 1999 and holds memberships in the Virginia Society of Hearing Aid Specialists and the International Hearing Society.
Personal Impact of Hearing
Communication, socialization and a feeling of well being are strongly dependent on the sense of hearing. The personal impact of wearing hearing instruments goes beyond treatment of a hearing loss. According to the National Council on Aging (NCOA), treatment with hearing instruments relates to:
- Enhances group social activity
- Improves family relationships
- Improves emotional stability
- Reduces anger and frustration
- Reduces depression
- Reduces introverted behavior
- Reduces hearing loss compensation behavior
- Reduces discriminatory behavior toward the person with the hearing loss